LG launches Curved OLED TV at Rs 9,99,000; announces G Flex smartphone
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Curves seems to be the new buzzword in LG's design centre in South Korea. The company on Wednesday announced two new products, a television and a smartphone, with curved screens.
LG India MD Soon Kwon said he was confident that the Indian customers were early adopters of technology and would lap up the new LG products, the G Flex phone as well as the first Curved OLED TV.
However, there is no date on the availability of the G Flex, which was announced globally earlier this year. The G Flex too has pushed the keys to the rear making it easing for users to adjust settings even when on calls. The Android Jelly Bean Phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor. While the screen is HD, the phone supports Full HD capture. The rear camera is 13 MP.
The Red Dot design award winning television is curved, but it also has a crystal transparent stand and a very intuitive and natural user interface with smart touch controls. The TV also has a front facing film type speaker which promises theatre quality sound. The immersive viewing angles of the curved screen have been augmented by four colour (WRGB) technology. The phone is also super slim, in fact slimmer than most smartphones.
The 55-inch television will cost Rs 9,99,000.