LIC better than private cos at settling claims: IRDA
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
State-owned Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has better record of paying death claims than that of private life insurers, said regulator IRDA in its latest report.
"The claim settlement ratio of LIC appeared to be better than that of the private life insurers", said Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) in its Annual Report 2011-12.
While LIC is the only public sector life insurer, there are about two dozen private insurers that provide life cover.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully