Licence renewal be decided in two weeks: DoT to HC
The Centre on Friday informed the Delhi High Court that the renewal of licences for 900 MHz spectrum of three leading mobile service operators would be decided within two weeks.
"The government will decide their applications (for renewal of licences) within two weeks as per the law," Additional Solicitor General (ASG) A S Chandhiok told a bench of Justice Rajiv Shakdher.
Vodafone, Bharti Airtel and Loop Telecom had approached the high court against the Department of Telecommunications' (DoT) decision to put up for auction the more efficient 900 Mhz spectrum. While Airtel contended that the DoT's decision was "premature", Vodafone said it had obtained the licence for 900 MHz band after competitive bidding in 1994 and it will expire in 2014.
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan
- ‘50% voters in state between 20-39 years’
- Eye on Muslim votes, Modi’s Chai pe Charcha moves closer to home
- Saina lone Indian to survive opening day of All England