Licensee model for Sony DADC
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- US investigators suspect missing Malaysia jetliner flew for hours after losing contact
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
After starting a manufacturing, digital service and distribution facility, Sony DADC has taken on the role of a local content licensee, to support the growth efforts of the major studios and content owners in this region. The first two major studios to already leverage the Sony DADC licensee model in India are Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE) and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE). Moreover, the company has announced the appointment of Rajat Kakar as Business Head of Home Entertainment Services by Sony DADC Manufacturing India Pvt. Ltd. In his new role, he will be based in Mumbai and will work closely with international and Indian content holders and help shape the traditional and emerging retail landscape for home entertainment in India.
Chris Reiser, EVP, Sony DADC International, said, " We are delighted to welcome such an experienced person as Rajat on board. With his comprehensive understanding of publisher needs and the retail landscape, he will play a major role in Sony DADC's move towards becoming an end to end supply chain service company."
Rajat Kakar commented, "I am delighted to be mandated with setting up a state-of-the-art sales, marketing and distribution entity which will maximise sales growth for the international studios and local content holders."