'Life of Pi' child actor Ayush Tandon fulfils his father's dream
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
"I underwent workshop in Taiwan for getting the accent right and make-up. It was a great learning experience," he said.
The film centres around Pi, who is raised in Pondicherry with his family which runs a zoo. They decide to immigrate to Canada, taking the animals along with them on a huge freighter ship steaming from India.
But a terrible storm destroys the ship.. the family and animals perish... only Pi survives on a stranded lifeboat with Bengal Tiger. They miraculously survive 227 days at sea.
"I got to shoot in Taiwan, Pondicherry. It was great experience. It was like a family. Ang Lee sir is very simple and friendly person," Ayush said.
He also worked with Priyanka Chopra in Vishal Bharadwaj's film '7 Khoon Maaf'.
Ayush has more than 50 ad films to his credit. The young artist has also been receiving offers for acting in films, TV serials and reality shows as well but his family wants him to complete his studies first.
"We don't want to push Ayush too much. We want him to concentrate on his studies. Hence we are being choosy about the projects as we don't want to affect his studies," his father Hatinder said, who has worked in serials like 'Balika Vadhu', 'Fear Files' and others.