'Life of Pi' child actor Ayush Tandon fulfils his father's dream
- Putin gets Russia Senate nod to use military in Ukraine
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
"I underwent workshop in Taiwan for getting the accent right and make-up. It was a great learning experience," he said.
The film centres around Pi, who is raised in Pondicherry with his family which runs a zoo. They decide to immigrate to Canada, taking the animals along with them on a huge freighter ship steaming from India.
But a terrible storm destroys the ship.. the family and animals perish... only Pi survives on a stranded lifeboat with Bengal Tiger. They miraculously survive 227 days at sea.
"I got to shoot in Taiwan, Pondicherry. It was great experience. It was like a family. Ang Lee sir is very simple and friendly person," Ayush said.
He also worked with Priyanka Chopra in Vishal Bharadwaj's film '7 Khoon Maaf'.
Ayush has more than 50 ad films to his credit. The young artist has also been receiving offers for acting in films, TV serials and reality shows as well but his family wants him to complete his studies first.
"We don't want to push Ayush too much. We want him to concentrate on his studies. Hence we are being choosy about the projects as we don't want to affect his studies," his father Hatinder said, who has worked in serials like 'Balika Vadhu', 'Fear Files' and others.