'Life of Pi' leads nomination list at Golden Globes Awards
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
They are up against Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained", Ben Affleck's "Argo" and Kathryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty".
The film adaptation of stage hit "Les Miserables" has been recognised in the best musical or comedy category, while stars Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway have received acting nods, reported Deadline.
The ceremony will be held on January 13 at Beverly Hills and will be hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
British singer Adele has been nominated for best original song for her title track from the Bond film "Skyfall".
She is up against 'Suddenly' from Tom Hooper's adaptation of "Les Miserables", plus songs from "The Hunger Games", "Brave" and "Stand Up Guys" starring Al Pacino.
In the TV drama category, Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery has been nominated for best actress while her co-star DameMaggie Smith was nominated in the supporting actress category, also for 'Downton Abbey'.
Voted by the members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, the awards are considered to be an important precursor to the Oscars.
In the foreign language category, "Amour" - the winner of the Palme d'Or in Cannes is up against "A Royal Affair" from Denmark, "Untouchable" from France, "Rust & Bone" and "Kontiki".
It has already been announced that "Silence of the Lambs" actress Jodie Foster will receive the Cecil B DeMille Award for lifetime achievement at January's event, held in the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Lee's visually appealing 3D film stars Suraj Sharma, Irrfan Khan, Tabu, and Adil Hussain in lead roles.
- Chavan sweetens deal for slum-dwellers
- ‘Buildings with approved layout plan should be exempted from SC order’
- WR puts brakes on new suburban services
- UP Doctors Protest: SP MLA booked as strike called off
- Raj Thackeray initiates talks with fringe parties
- Ministers, corporators fight over credit for public projects