Life of Pi: Surviving odds
Producer: Ang Lee, Gil Netter, David Womark
Director: Ang Lee
Cast: Suraj Sharma, Tabu, Adil Hussain, Irrfan, Gerard Depardieu, Rafe Spall
Releasing Date: November 23
Life of Pi is based on a 2001 novel by the same name written by Canadian author Yann Martel. It is a story of an Indian zookeeper's son Pi (Suraj Sharma) who lived in Pondicherry with his father (Adil Hussain) and mother (Tabu). They decide to immigrate to Canada with the animals on a freighter ship, which is destroyed by a storm. Pi manages to survive the storm and finds himself floating in the Pacific Ocean in the company of a hyena, zebra and a Bengal tiger. How Pi survives the ordeal and battles not only the fury of nature but also the tiger, the sole survivor forms the crux of the saga.
The buzz: Folktronic artist Shrikant Sharma has created the theme track for Ang Lee's much-awaited film Life of Pi. He is known for scoring music for Google Chrome's short film based on dying Tanjore arts and for Hollywood projects.
- Searching for fresh legs
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Down and out, Cong looks to Rahul to provide booster shot
- A chance for rest of India
- Sehwag to captain MCC in four-dayer
- In last 20 years, only 3 full-time woman faculty members at FTII