Life of Pi to get two National Tourism Awards
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR set stiff target for KXIP
Hollywood film Life of Pi is all set to receive two National Tourism Awards for promoting India as a tourism destination, especially Puducherry and Munnar in Kerala.
The film's director Ang Lee and Yann Martel, the author of the book on which the film is based, would receive the awards, Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi said Saturday.
Chiranjeevi expressed hope that "this will go a long way in encouraging more and more filmmakers from abroad to shoot in India."
Life of Pi is the story of an Indian boy from Pondicherry, who survives a shipwreck and remains stranded for 227 days on a boat in the Pacific.