Lift mishap in hospital: Cops book contractor
- LIVE: Election Commission announces Lok Sabha election dates
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Faraskhana police have registered an offence in an incident in which five persons had sustained minor injuries after a lift in Kamla Nehru Hospital got detached from the rope midway while descending. PMC officials said that incident had happened in the same lift in September 2013.
The incident had taken place in the main building of the Kamla Nehru Hospital run by the Pune Municipal Corporation on Saturday morning around 11 am. Five persons, Sneha Talasara (33), her daughter Dipika, their relative Vijay Jalan, all residents of Kothrud and two more including the lift operator, sustained minor injuries.
PSI Laxman Kamble of Faraskhana police said, "The metal rope of the lift snapped when it was coming down from the fourth floor. An offence for negligence causing hurt has been registered against the lift contractor, who is yet to be identified."
S T Pardeshi, medical officer of health with the PMC said, "We have registered an FIR against the contractor. This particular incident has taken place because of overcrowding."