Light rain, cold winds in city
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Light rain in the city brought down the day temperature by three degrees, making it four degrees below normal. The nip in the air was caused due to snowfall in the upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh. Cold winds blew throughout the day.
The maximum temperature was recorded as 21.5 degrees, four degrees below normal, while the minimum temperature was 10.9, three degrees above normal due to the cloudy conditions. On Wednesday, the maximum temperature was recorded as 24.3 degrees.
The upper reaches of Himachal received moderate snowfall while rain and thundershowers were experienced at many places in the state. The impact could be felt in the city as well. The sky remained cloudy through most part of the day with the sun playing hide-and-seek. For the past few days, the mornings had been relatively warm and there was a sharp dip in the temperature in the evening.