Light showers, cloudy sky likely today
- Lok Sabha polls: Ram Vilas Paswan returns to NDA as BJP-LJP agree on seat-sharing
- UP Police raids Sahara chief Subrata Roy's residence, fails to arrest him
- BJP, AAP and NCP release candidates list for general elections
- TRS MP Vijayashanthi joins Congress day after party rules out merger
- Donât appreciate Khurshid jibe: Rahul
The capital saw about 20 mm of rain in the weekend, but the worst of the storm is over and the weatherman predicted that Monday's weather will be similar to that of Sunday.
Light showers and partly cloudy sky are expected on Monday, along with light wind, Met officials said. On Sunday, 2.1 mm of rainfall was recorded in the capital. The maximum temperature was 19.5 degree Celsius, five degree below normal, but three degree above Saturday's maximum.
About 18.6 mm of rainfall was recorded between Friday night and Saturday, when the storm hit the city. The storm was caused by cool air masses from the north colliding with warm air masses from the east, the same formations that caused the record-breaking storm earlier this month, when over 50 mm rainfall was recorded in the capital.
The lowest temperature recorded on Sunday was 12 degree Celsius, a degree above normal, but two degree less than that on Saturday. On Monday, the maximum temperature is expected to be 21 degree Celsius and the minimum will be 10 degree Celsius.