Light showers, cloudy sky likely today
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
The capital saw about 20 mm of rain in the weekend, but the worst of the storm is over and the weatherman predicted that Monday's weather will be similar to that of Sunday.
Light showers and partly cloudy sky are expected on Monday, along with light wind, Met officials said. On Sunday, 2.1 mm of rainfall was recorded in the capital. The maximum temperature was 19.5 degree Celsius, five degree below normal, but three degree above Saturday's maximum.
About 18.6 mm of rainfall was recorded between Friday night and Saturday, when the storm hit the city. The storm was caused by cool air masses from the north colliding with warm air masses from the east, the same formations that caused the record-breaking storm earlier this month, when over 50 mm rainfall was recorded in the capital.
The lowest temperature recorded on Sunday was 12 degree Celsius, a degree above normal, but two degree less than that on Saturday. On Monday, the maximum temperature is expected to be 21 degree Celsius and the minimum will be 10 degree Celsius.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18