Lindsay Lohan not entering plea deal in car crash case
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Lindsay Lohan is adamant she is innocent in the car crash case and has refused to enter into a plea deal which could exempt her from facing a jail sentence.
Attorney Shawn Holley was planning to negotiate on Monday a deal in Lohan's lying-to-cops car crash case. Law enforcement sources said the prosecutor was willing to let Lohan plead no contest and agree to six months of lockdown rehab, no jail, reported TMZ.
But Lohan is not interested as she thinks she did nothing wrong and will not plead to a crime she says she didn't commit.
The 26-year-old actress told cops she was a passenger in the Porsche when the accident occured, but there's overwhelming evidence she was the driver, law enforcement sources said.
If the case goes to trial and the 'Liz and Dick' star is found guilty, she faces 19 months in jail. On top of that, the lying-to-cops case has triggered a probation violation in her jewelry heist case and she could get another 245 days for that.