Lindsay Lohan sues clothing manufacturer for $1.1 mn for fraud
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
Troubled star Lindsay Lohan is seeking over USD 1 million from her former clothing label partners for fraud, trademark infringement and breach of contract.
The 26-year-old actress signed the deal in 2008, shortly before she was slapped with jail time for her DUI and shoplifting convictions.
Now, she claims the southern California-based company failed to pay her USD 900,000 in guaranteed minimum royalties plus 10 per cent of net sales for her 6126 Collection, reported Ace Showbiz.
"They owe us a million dollars. We are suing to force them to pay," her civil lawyer Perry C Wander said.
According to the attorney, the company tried to find a way out by noting that the actress never took part in the promotional efforts.
"The agreement did not have a morals clause, and Lindsay Lohan had no responsibility to promote the line, so there's no, defence for their actions," the lawyer added.
"They're trying to insert those as a defence, but they weren't part of this deal."
The 'Mean Girls' star started out her clothing line as a brand for leggings and cashmere leg warmers. The name refers to her idol Marilyn Monroe's birthday, June 1, 1926.
Now, the former Disney star plans to expand it into other clothing items.
"Lindsay is very passionate about her fashion design, and she's looking forward to re-launching the line with another partner. She wants to enter into negotiations to license a clothing line and accessories," the lawyer said.
"The purpose of this suit is to wrest control of her trademark away from this company that's been selling items overseas and online under the 6126 trademark," he added.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'