Lindsay Lohan's mother arrested for drunk driving
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
Lindsay Lohan's mother Dina was arrested for drunk driving and her blood alcohol was more than double the legal limit.
The 50-year-old Dina was pulled over on the Northern State
Parkway by New York State Police around 11 pm on Thursday
night for speeding in her white BMW.
The police decided to do a test on her as she appeared intoxicated. Her blood alcohol level registered at .20 which is more than twice the legal limit of .08 Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC), TMZ reported.
Medical personnel were called after Dina "made an allegation that she was injured during the course of the arrest," according to the police. She later retracted the claim.
Dina was taken to a nearby station where she has been booked for two counts of driving while intoxicated and one
count of speeding.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation