Linemen and TET unions postpone protest at mela
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
It was tense time for police in the entire mela as they were on toes because of the calls given by unemployed linemen and TET pass unions to lodge their protest at the SAD conference on Thursday. However, the protest was postponed.
According to president of Unemployed Linemen Union Peermal Singh, "We had a meeting with DIG S S Dhillon who led a delegation to meet Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal. The CM assured us to take up our demands soon. So we postponed our protest."
The TET union too gave the same reply.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness