LinkedIn hits 200-mln user mark
- Eden to Eden, IPL Eight wonder
- Jayalalithaa announces welfare schemes worth Rs 1800 crore
- Heat wave continues to torment India; death toll rises to 368
- Will work towards abrogating Article 370 when we have numbers in Parliament: BJP
- Mathematician John Nash, who inspired 'A Beautiful Mind', killed in car crash
Business-oriented social network LinkedIn has 200 million users, with nearly two new members signing up every second, a report has said.
The firm had reported in its last earnings call on Nov. 1 that it topped 187 million members and had been growing at a rate of 10 million to 15 million users per quarter last year.
According to Mashable, launched in 2003, LinkedIn passed 100 million members in 2011.
LinkedIn''s network compares with 1 billion-plus for Facebook, over 500 million for Twitter and more than 500 million for Google Plus, the report said.
According to the firm, 74 million users are based in the U.S., 11 million are in the U.K., 7 million are in Canada, 18 million are in India and 11 million are based in Brazil.
LinkedIn''s fastest-growing country is Turkey, followed by Colombia and Indonesia, the report said.
Mobile growth is strongest in China, Brazil, Portugal, India and Italy, in that order, it added.