Lionel Messi to be subject of Rocky-style movie
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Barcelona FC player Lionel Messi is to have a film made about his life and career so far.
Messi - regarded in many quarters as the current best footballer in the world - will be the subject of a Rocky-style movie produced by Epic Pictures, reported Variety.
The studio has purchased the rights to the biography 'Messi: The Inside Story of the Boy Who Became a Legend' by Luca Caioli as the basis for the project.
Epic's Patrick Ewald and Shaked Berenson are said to be meeting with potential writers and directors, with the film expected to be released in time for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, which kicks off on June 12.
The film will reportedly focus on the story of a young Argentinian boy from a poor background who overcomes his small stature to become one of the all time greats in football.
"The goal is to make a powerful and positive film that will leave audiences feeling inspired to go after their dreams no matter how impossible they may seem," said Ewald.
Messi has won a large number of individual honours during his career so far, including the FIFA Ballon d'Or four years in a row from 2009 to 2012.