Lionel Messi world's best not only for goals but also for overall game: Iniesta
Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta has said teammate Lionel Messi is world's best player not only for his goals but also for his overall game, and added that the Argentinean little master would continue to rule for many years to come.
Messi was last night making more room in his bulging trophy cabinet after being named La Liga's Players' Footballer of the Year and Best Striker for last season.
The awards capped a sensational year of record breaking for the 25-year-old who is also favourite to lift the Ballon d'Or for a fourth successive time in January.
"Leo Messi is the No 1 in the world. Messi is the best not only for his goals but for his game in general," the Sun quoted Iniesta, as saying.
"He has a huge importance in the team, he is unique and decisive and that is why he breaks all those records. What makes the people of Barcelona even happier is that he has so much time left ahead of him in the game," he added.
"Those who vote for the Ballon d'Or will vote for the goals and what he has done throughout the year," he said.
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover