Lionel Messi's young son already member of Argentine club
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
The infant son of Barcelona star Lionel Messi has already been signed up as a member of Argentine club Newell's Old Boys, where Messi played at youth level before leaving for Barcelona.
Newell's said yesterday that the membership for young Thiago, born Nov. 2, had been initiated by Messi's grandfather, Jorge.
Lionel Messi was born in the Argentine city of Rosario, located some 300 kilometres northwest of Buenos Aires and remains a fan of Newell's, his hometown team.
Newell's is in the midst of one of its best seasons in memory, sitting on top of the Argentine first division under new coach Gerardo Martino. Martino coached Paraguay to the quarterfinals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state