Lionel Messi's young son already member of Argentine club
The infant son of Barcelona star Lionel Messi has already been signed up as a member of Argentine club Newell's Old Boys, where Messi played at youth level before leaving for Barcelona.
Newell's said yesterday that the membership for young Thiago, born Nov. 2, had been initiated by Messi's grandfather, Jorge.
Lionel Messi was born in the Argentine city of Rosario, located some 300 kilometres northwest of Buenos Aires and remains a fan of Newell's, his hometown team.
Newell's is in the midst of one of its best seasons in memory, sitting on top of the Argentine first division under new coach Gerardo Martino. Martino coached Paraguay to the quarterfinals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18