Liquor den busted
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- India vs Australia Live Cricket Score: Australia lose two in a hurry
The Director General of Police Vigilance Squad on Sunday busted a liquor den running from a sealed factory at the Narol-Sarkhej highway in Ahmedabad. The squad seized 5,720 litres of methyl alcohol worth over Rs 97,000.
Police said the factory, Shyam Enterprise at 186 Ilaben Estate, was sealed for the last one year and its licence had expired.
"The accused had opened a den in the sealed factory to store methyl alcohol. The factory is already facing a case pertaining to death of two labourers in the factory in January. Methyl alcohol is used in liquor manufacturing and sold as hooch, which we suspect might be also happening," said Inspector R L Solanki.
- AAP thought running government a child's play: Sonia Gandhi
- BJP complains to EC on derogatory remarks against Hema Malini on Facebook
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians