Liquor den busted
- LIVE: Election Commission issues notice to AAP over clashes with BJP workers
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
The Director General of Police Vigilance Squad on Sunday busted a liquor den running from a sealed factory at the Narol-Sarkhej highway in Ahmedabad. The squad seized 5,720 litres of methyl alcohol worth over Rs 97,000.
Police said the factory, Shyam Enterprise at 186 Ilaben Estate, was sealed for the last one year and its licence had expired.
"The accused had opened a den in the sealed factory to store methyl alcohol. The factory is already facing a case pertaining to death of two labourers in the factory in January. Methyl alcohol is used in liquor manufacturing and sold as hooch, which we suspect might be also happening," said Inspector R L Solanki.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students