Liquor seized from ex-army manís house
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The city's Rural Local Crime Branch (LCB) on Friday afternoon seized Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) and beer worth Rs 2.3 lakh from Desar village in Savli taluka in Vadodara district and arrested an ex-army man in this connection. The LCB officials raided the house of one Dileep Rathod based on a tip-off received at the district Superintendent of Police that Rathod, who happens to be an ex-armyman, was storing liquor in his house in the village and was running a bootlegging business from there. LCB officials recovered liquor from Rathod's house and from his Sumo car which was parked outside his house.