List of case-based operating procedures in all PCR vans
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Every PCR van will now have a set standard operating procedure (SOP) to attend to calls related to women in distress. The decision will help reduce room for error and PCR reaction time, police said.
The new system will ensure that each PCR van has notices that explain, in bullet points, the operating procedure to attend to a distress call. There is a separate SOP for every distress call, particularly those of molestation, rape, domestic violence and threat calls.
"For instance, if the call is about a rape incident, then the operator need not waste time (waiting) for a briefing from his supervisor to react. The SOP would guide the operator as to what he should do," T N Mohan, Special Commissioner of Police (Operations) told Newsline.
Meanwhile, Delhi High Court on Thursday asked government and police to ensure that there is proper publicity to its orders that all hospitals, including private ones, cannot deny treatment to victims of criminal offences.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance