List of case-based operating procedures in all PCR vans
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7: KKR seal thriller in Sharjah
Every PCR van will now have a set standard operating procedure (SOP) to attend to calls related to women in distress. The decision will help reduce room for error and PCR reaction time, police said.
The new system will ensure that each PCR van has notices that explain, in bullet points, the operating procedure to attend to a distress call. There is a separate SOP for every distress call, particularly those of molestation, rape, domestic violence and threat calls.
"For instance, if the call is about a rape incident, then the operator need not waste time (waiting) for a briefing from his supervisor to react. The SOP would guide the operator as to what he should do," T N Mohan, Special Commissioner of Police (Operations) told Newsline.
Meanwhile, Delhi High Court on Thursday asked government and police to ensure that there is proper publicity to its orders that all hospitals, including private ones, cannot deny treatment to victims of criminal offences.