List of case-based operating procedures in all PCR vans
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Every PCR van will now have a set standard operating procedure (SOP) to attend to calls related to women in distress. The decision will help reduce room for error and PCR reaction time, police said.
The new system will ensure that each PCR van has notices that explain, in bullet points, the operating procedure to attend to a distress call. There is a separate SOP for every distress call, particularly those of molestation, rape, domestic violence and threat calls.
"For instance, if the call is about a rape incident, then the operator need not waste time (waiting) for a briefing from his supervisor to react. The SOP would guide the operator as to what he should do," T N Mohan, Special Commissioner of Police (Operations) told Newsline.
Meanwhile, Delhi High Court on Thursday asked government and police to ensure that there is proper publicity to its orders that all hospitals, including private ones, cannot deny treatment to victims of criminal offences.