Live bomb found near colony number 5
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
A scrap dealer of colony number 5 on Wednesday informed the police about a live bomb shell which was brought to him by two minor boys who wanted to sell it. The military personnel were called from Western Command, Chandimandir and they took the bomb for disposal.
At around 2 pm on Saturday afternoon, Raju, a
scrap dealer at Colony Number 5 was approached by two young boys who told him that they wanted to sell a piece of metal which they found somewhere.
"They showed me the piece and I realized that it was a bomb. I rushed to the PCR vehicle parked in front of my shop and they impounded it. One of the two boys ran away while the other one was caught by the police for questioning as to where he found it from," said Raju.
The police reached the spot along with bomb disposal squad, fire and emergency services personnel and ambulances. A large number of residents had gathered to witness the scene and gave a sigh of relief as the military personnel took the bomb shell away.
Inspector Diwan Singh, the Station House Officer (SHO) of Sector 34 police station reached the spot and said, "We are not sure about its range and specifications and so the military personnel have been called".
The police personnel in the bomb disposal squad said that the shell was ordinance made and so a team of army men has been called. The military personnel reached the spot at 4 pm and established that the shell had been used in a rocket launcher but had not blasted.
The one-foot long and 10 kg heavy shell was taken by the military for disposal.
One of the military personnel said that the shell was live and had a range of one kilometer.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today