Arvind Kejriwal's AAP government wins Trust Vote in Delhi Assembly
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
The AAP government headed by Arvind Kejriwal will take a floor test on Thursday. Many who took oath as MLAs on Wednesday were not sure whether the government would survive the trust vote, given that Kejriwal had said on Monday that his government had only 48 hours to keep its promises. Here are the highlights:
<6.32 pm: Kejriwal's government wins Trust Vote.
6.25 pm: "Despite high bills, water does not reach households," said Kejriwal.
<6.30 pm: Kejriwal raised the 17 points that his government is seeking to accomplish.
6.18 pm: "VIP culture has to end, in Delhi, and in the whole of India," said Kejriwal.
6.17 pm: "The politicians of this country made the biggest mistake of their lives by assuming the 'aam aadmi' has no fight in himself," said Kejriwal.
6.12 pm: Kejriwal said the 'Aam aadmi' wants food, shelter, security and good, honest governance. "Why?" he asked, "after 66 years of independence, is the country in this state? It is because of that, that the aam aadmi has to take to politics. That is why we are here".
6.10 pm: "Every person who wants to live a dishonest life, is a 'Khas aadmi', every person who wants to live an honest life, is an 'Aam aadmi', irrespective of whether one is affluent or poor," Kejriwal said.
6.08 pm: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addresses the Assembly ahead of the voting.
3.20 pm: "Congress had nothing to lose in case of re-election. Still it respected the mandate of the people and offered AAP support," Lovely said.
3.15 pm: Lovely said Congress has decided to support AAP keeping in mind the people of Delhi, who had showed their support for AAP. "We formed the coalition without any meeting or talks. We offered them support only to work for the people of Delhi," he said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express