Manmohan Singh says he is not a weak PM, rules out third term
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday addressed a press conference wherein he launched a scathing attack on BJP's PM candidate Narendra Modi, calling him a disaster. The Prime Minister also dismissed criticism of being weak, and being reluctant to speak. He said he spoke whenever it was required.
Here are the highlights:
PM in his Press Con calls a thrice elected CM as 'mass murderer' while he absolves himself of corruption in UPA-I based on his reelection!— Nirmala Sitharaman (@nsitharaman) January 3, 2014
12.12 pm: There were domestic factors as well, but mostly there were international factors which brought the slowdown in economy, said Manmohan Singh.
12.05 pm: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says he is yet to decided on what to do after his tenure as Prime Minister gets over.
11.58 am: "Our government has done quite a lot for the victims of 1984 anti-Sikh riots...I also apologised for the same on the floor of the House," said Manmohan Singh, adding that it should have never happened.
11.50 am: "Would very much like to Pakistan. As PM I should only if conditions are appropriate to achieve results...Haven't give up hope of going to Pakistan," said Singh.
11.46 am: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says he has done the best he could during the tenure of UPA and UPA-II under the situations that persisted.
11.42 am: "It will be disastrous for the country to have Narendra Modi as Prime Minister," said Manmohan.
11.38 am: "I believe history will be kinder to me than the contemporary media and opposition in Parliament," says Manmohan. The Prime Minister asserts that he has done his best in the coalition environment on all the issues.
11.35 am: "I am the same person as I was 9 years ago...have tried to serve this country to the best of my capability," said Singh, adding that he has never used his office to benefit his friends and relatives.
- ‚ÄėSomeone should remind the CM we‚Äôre also aam aadmi. But they‚Äôve turned us into¬†demons‚Äô
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal in¬†fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence has¬†begun