Arvind Kejriwal's AAP government wins Trust Vote in Delhi Assembly
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
The AAP government headed by Arvind Kejriwal will take a floor test on Thursday. Many who took oath as MLAs on Wednesday were not sure whether the government would survive the trust vote, given that Kejriwal had said on Monday that his government had only 48 hours to keep its promises. Here are the highlights:
<6.32 pm: Kejriwal's government wins Trust Vote.
6.25 pm: "Despite high bills, water does not reach households," said Kejriwal.
<6.30 pm: Kejriwal raised the 17 points that his government is seeking to accomplish.
6.18 pm: "VIP culture has to end, in Delhi, and in the whole of India," said Kejriwal.
6.17 pm: "The politicians of this country made the biggest mistake of their lives by assuming the 'aam aadmi' has no fight in himself," said Kejriwal.
6.12 pm: Kejriwal said the 'Aam aadmi' wants food, shelter, security and good, honest governance. "Why?" he asked, "after 66 years of independence, is the country in this state? It is because of that, that the aam aadmi has to take to politics. That is why we are here".
6.10 pm: "Every person who wants to live a dishonest life, is a 'Khas aadmi', every person who wants to live an honest life, is an 'Aam aadmi', irrespective of whether one is affluent or poor," Kejriwal said.
6.08 pm: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addresses the Assembly ahead of the voting.
3.20 pm: "Congress had nothing to lose in case of re-election. Still it respected the mandate of the people and offered AAP support," Lovely said.
3.15 pm: Lovely said Congress has decided to support AAP keeping in mind the people of Delhi, who had showed their support for AAP. "We formed the coalition without any meeting or talks. We offered them support only to work for the people of Delhi," he said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer