Liverpool up to season-high 8th with Fulham win
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Stewart Downing scored his first Premier League goal for Liverpool in a comfortable 4-0 victory over a lackluster Fulham on Saturday that lifted the Anfield club to a season-high eighth.
The England winger, who has been confined mostly to the Europa League, conceded last week he might have to leave the club in the January transfer window after struggling to make an impression since arriving at Liverpool in July 2011.
Downing put himself in the shop window, with his first league assist setting up Steven Gerrard after Martin Skrtel's opener, and then getting on the score sheet himself at the start of the second half.
Luis Suarez wrapped up the win in stoppage time as Liverpool went five points behind the top four Champions League places.
Fulham is five points above the drop zone.