Lizard found in midday meal, 79 students in Rajasthan hospitalised
- Nobody will be allowed to break India's unity, says Rajnath after Masarat's arrest
- Modi should behave like a PM, not an RSS 'pracharak': Congress
- Vehicles set ablaze in Kolkata suburb after death of councillor's brother
- Yechury says Modi's frequent foreign trips to make up for years of not being able to fly
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
Days after the Bihar tragedy, 79 students of a upper primary school in Baneda, 45 km from Bhilwara in Rajasthan, fell ill Tuesday after consuming midday meal in which a lizard had fallen.
The children were rushed to the community health centre after they complained of nausea.
By late evening, 78 students were discharged. A girl, who was shifted to Bhilwara district hospital on the insistence of her family, too was stable. "An inquiry under the supervision of the sub-divisional magistrate is under way. The report will be ready in three days. Samples of the meal served today have been sent for investigation. This is serious and we will take prompt action against the guilty," Bhilwara District Collector Onkar Singh said.
School Principal KC Garg and midday meal in-charge Dinesh Tanwar have been suspended, while Additional Block Education Officer Ladu Lal Koli has been removed. The three cooks on contract who prepared the meal have also been removed.