Loba villagers insists on judicial probe
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Under the banner of Krishi Jami Raksha Committee (KJRC), villagers of Loba in Birbhum's Dubrajpur on Thursday demonstrated in Kolkata demanding judicial inquiry into the November 6 incident when police allegedly opened fire on them over land acquisition issue.
Rejecting the Trinamool Congress government's administrative inquiry into the incident in which 33 people were injured, including 27 policemen, Joydeep Majumdar of KJRC said: "We do not have any trust in the administration. The Chief Minister said villagers were not responsible for the violence, then why the cases against them have not been withdrawn?"
The villagers have put forth seven demands, ordering a judicial probe into the incident being one of them.
Order judicial probe
Bear medical treatment cost of victims
Withdraw cases against villagers
Punish accused cops
Let mining firm to hold direct talks with villagers for land