Loba villagers insists on judicial probe
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Under the banner of Krishi Jami Raksha Committee (KJRC), villagers of Loba in Birbhum's Dubrajpur on Thursday demonstrated in Kolkata demanding judicial inquiry into the November 6 incident when police allegedly opened fire on them over land acquisition issue.
Rejecting the Trinamool Congress government's administrative inquiry into the incident in which 33 people were injured, including 27 policemen, Joydeep Majumdar of KJRC said: "We do not have any trust in the administration. The Chief Minister said villagers were not responsible for the violence, then why the cases against them have not been withdrawn?"
The villagers have put forth seven demands, ordering a judicial probe into the incident being one of them.
Order judicial probe
Bear medical treatment cost of victims
Withdraw cases against villagers
Punish accused cops
Let mining firm to hold direct talks with villagers for land
Rehabilitate, give jobs to landlosers