Loba villagers insists on judicial probe
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Under the banner of Krishi Jami Raksha Committee (KJRC), villagers of Loba in Birbhum's Dubrajpur on Thursday demonstrated in Kolkata demanding judicial inquiry into the November 6 incident when police allegedly opened fire on them over land acquisition issue.
Rejecting the Trinamool Congress government's administrative inquiry into the incident in which 33 people were injured, including 27 policemen, Joydeep Majumdar of KJRC said: "We do not have any trust in the administration. The Chief Minister said villagers were not responsible for the violence, then why the cases against them have not been withdrawn?"
The villagers have put forth seven demands, ordering a judicial probe into the incident being one of them.
Order judicial probe
Bear medical treatment cost of victims
Withdraw cases against villagers
Punish accused cops
Let mining firm to hold direct talks with villagers for land
Rehabilitate, give jobs to landlosers