Local coaches derail, traffic hit
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy moves Supreme Court for cancellation of arrest warrant
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
Two coaches of a train going to the Lower Parel workshop for maintenance derailed at around 10 pm Friday disrupting services in the suburban section of Western Railway. The accident obstructed the adjacent down slow line and three trains got stuck. There were no casualties or injuries. Railway officials said all slow trains had to be diverted to the fast line to avoid delay.
FOB at Dadar station connects all platforms
Western Railway recently opened a foot-over bridge (FOB) at Dadar connecting all platforms. This is the 100th FOB on the WR suburban section. WR has 92 FOBs and eight subways on its suburban section. It is also planning 12 escalators at suburban stations. The new FOB is six metres wide and connects platforms 1 to 5. It cost Rs 1.9 crore. Sharat Chandrayan, chief PRO, said: "To prevent trespassing and to make movement convenient for commuters, WR has taken up construction of 17 more FOBs at crowded stations such as Dadar, Borivali, Goregaon and Malad."
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight