Local coaches derail, traffic hit
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
Two coaches of a train going to the Lower Parel workshop for maintenance derailed at around 10 pm Friday disrupting services in the suburban section of Western Railway. The accident obstructed the adjacent down slow line and three trains got stuck. There were no casualties or injuries. Railway officials said all slow trains had to be diverted to the fast line to avoid delay.
FOB at Dadar station connects all platforms
Western Railway recently opened a foot-over bridge (FOB) at Dadar connecting all platforms. This is the 100th FOB on the WR suburban section. WR has 92 FOBs and eight subways on its suburban section. It is also planning 12 escalators at suburban stations. The new FOB is six metres wide and connects platforms 1 to 5. It cost Rs 1.9 crore. Sharat Chandrayan, chief PRO, said: "To prevent trespassing and to make movement convenient for commuters, WR has taken up construction of 17 more FOBs at crowded stations such as Dadar, Borivali, Goregaon and Malad."
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer