Local 'rowdies' to promote 'Rowdy Rathore'
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
UTV Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali Films have come up with a unique strategy to promote the Akshay Kumar-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Rowdy Rathore'. They have decided to include the local 'rowdies' to promote their film.
The makers kept a nationwide contest to find the roughest real-life 'rowdies', who will promote the film along with the film's lead pair Akshay and Sonakshi, in their respective cities which include Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai and New Delhi. Their aim was to have a 'rowdy gang' for Akshay to help them in the film's promotions.
The winners were chosen though the local radio stations, where in people had to reveal their rebellious side by bringing out their pent-up frustration. Five winners have been short listed from each city and now are part of Akshay's 'rowdy gang'.
'Rowdy Rathore', co produced by Shabinaa Khan and directed by Prabhu Deva is all set to hit the theatres on June 1, 2012.