Local 'rowdies' to promote 'Rowdy Rathore'
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
UTV Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali Films have come up with a unique strategy to promote the Akshay Kumar-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Rowdy Rathore'. They have decided to include the local 'rowdies' to promote their film.
The makers kept a nationwide contest to find the roughest real-life 'rowdies', who will promote the film along with the film's lead pair Akshay and Sonakshi, in their respective cities which include Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai and New Delhi. Their aim was to have a 'rowdy gang' for Akshay to help them in the film's promotions.
The winners were chosen though the local radio stations, where in people had to reveal their rebellious side by bringing out their pent-up frustration. Five winners have been short listed from each city and now are part of Akshay's 'rowdy gang'.
'Rowdy Rathore', co produced by Shabinaa Khan and directed by Prabhu Deva is all set to hit the theatres on June 1, 2012.