Local 'rowdies' to promote 'Rowdy Rathore'
- Pakistan Rangers delegation arrives in India, DG-level talks on border today
- BJP vs Sena in Mumbai; Uddhav says will ensure there is no ban on meat
- Five-phase Bihar polls from Oct 12, counting on Nov 8
- What are Gold Bond and Gold Monetisation schemes?
- Govt drops plans for special Parliament session on GST bill
UTV Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali Films have come up with a unique strategy to promote the Akshay Kumar-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Rowdy Rathore'. They have decided to include the local 'rowdies' to promote their film.
The makers kept a nationwide contest to find the roughest real-life 'rowdies', who will promote the film along with the film's lead pair Akshay and Sonakshi, in their respective cities which include Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai and New Delhi. Their aim was to have a 'rowdy gang' for Akshay to help them in the film's promotions.
The winners were chosen though the local radio stations, where in people had to reveal their rebellious side by bringing out their pent-up frustration. Five winners have been short listed from each city and now are part of Akshay's 'rowdy gang'.
'Rowdy Rathore', co produced by Shabinaa Khan and directed by Prabhu Deva is all set to hit the theatres on June 1, 2012.