Local 'rowdies' to promote 'Rowdy Rathore'
- As Ambedkar Association grew, so did its assertiveness
- Dalit suicide: ABVP leader claimed pain after ‘assault,’ operated for appendicitis
- 4th ODI, Live Score: Australia post 348/8 against India in Canberra
- Indian markets in a bear hug: Sensex, rupee back at level before Modi took charge
- India successfully puts its fifth navigation satellite into orbit
UTV Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali Films have come up with a unique strategy to promote the Akshay Kumar-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Rowdy Rathore'. They have decided to include the local 'rowdies' to promote their film.
The makers kept a nationwide contest to find the roughest real-life 'rowdies', who will promote the film along with the film's lead pair Akshay and Sonakshi, in their respective cities which include Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai and New Delhi. Their aim was to have a 'rowdy gang' for Akshay to help them in the film's promotions.
The winners were chosen though the local radio stations, where in people had to reveal their rebellious side by bringing out their pent-up frustration. Five winners have been short listed from each city and now are part of Akshay's 'rowdy gang'.
'Rowdy Rathore', co produced by Shabinaa Khan and directed by Prabhu Deva is all set to hit the theatres on June 1, 2012.
- It is not incidental that Rohith Chakravarthi Vemula and his dissent were crushed
- Aroon Tikekar carried the rationalist legacy of 19th century Maharashtra
- Sushma Swaraj’s Israel visit: Owning a friendship
- Cuddalore rape victim story shows how little has changed
- Risk taking, experimentation and teamwork must also infect government machinery
- New mobile towers, better roads are making a difference in Bastar