Local train fare hike to come into effect from Jan 22
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
The fare hike announced by the Railways will come into effect from January 22. According to the statement issued by Pune Division, the fare between Pune and Lonavala will increase by Rs 2.
However, fare for Pune Station to Chinchwad and Akurdi has come down by Re 1, from existing Rs 6 to Rs 5 in the new fare structure.
Similarly, for second class, ordinary fare for Pune to Mumbai has increased by Rs 13 from existing Rs 52 to Rs 65 in the new fare structure. Passengers who got reservation done before January 22 but will board the train after January 21 midnight will have to pay the difference in the fare as per the hikes announced.