Local train fare hike to come into effect from Jan 22
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
The fare hike announced by the Railways will come into effect from January 22. According to the statement issued by Pune Division, the fare between Pune and Lonavala will increase by Rs 2.
However, fare for Pune Station to Chinchwad and Akurdi has come down by Re 1, from existing Rs 6 to Rs 5 in the new fare structure.
Similarly, for second class, ordinary fare for Pune to Mumbai has increased by Rs 13 from existing Rs 52 to Rs 65 in the new fare structure. Passengers who got reservation done before January 22 but will board the train after January 21 midnight will have to pay the difference in the fare as per the hikes announced.