Lohana Samaj to host 3-day community meet
- Robert Vadra attacks govt on privileges for MPs and other VIPs at airports
- Khetan says will not spare Bhushans after 'paid journalist' charges
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maha govt tells HC
- ISIS leader Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Political intervention in bureaucracy inevitable: PM Modi
'This event is being held after a gap of 23 years which makes it a significant happening in our history'
The Akhil Gujarat Lohana Samaj will host a three-day convention of the community here on Friday where over 5,000 community representatives from across the country and abroad are expected. Hariram Bapa, revered widely by the community, will inaugurate the meet.
Samaj general secretary Atul Lakhani said the event also marked the 60th anniversary of the parent body, Shree Lohana Mahaparishad. "This event is being held after a gap of 23 years which makes it a significant happening in our history," he said.
Lakhani said the objective of the meet is to spread general awareness in the community about various social and other community-specific issues.
The community has around 25 lakh members across the globe and they have sent at least two representatives each to attend this convention, Lakhani said, adding that among prominent leaders are Parimal Nathwani, Pravin Thakkar, Pravin Kotak, Umang Thakkar, Paresh Bhuptanir and Yogesh Lakhni.