Lohana Samaj to host 3-day community meet
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
'This event is being held after a gap of 23 years which makes it a significant happening in our history'
The Akhil Gujarat Lohana Samaj will host a three-day convention of the community here on Friday where over 5,000 community representatives from across the country and abroad are expected. Hariram Bapa, revered widely by the community, will inaugurate the meet.
Samaj general secretary Atul Lakhani said the event also marked the 60th anniversary of the parent body, Shree Lohana Mahaparishad. "This event is being held after a gap of 23 years which makes it a significant happening in our history," he said.
Lakhani said the objective of the meet is to spread general awareness in the community about various social and other community-specific issues.
The community has around 25 lakh members across the globe and they have sent at least two representatives each to attend this convention, Lakhani said, adding that among prominent leaders are Parimal Nathwani, Pravin Thakkar, Pravin Kotak, Umang Thakkar, Paresh Bhuptanir and Yogesh Lakhni.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express