Lohana Samaj to host 3-day community meet
- By taking my passport or arresting me, they are not getting any money: Mallya
- BJP MP Swamy challenges expunging of his comments in Rajya Sabha
- Gujarat announces 10 per cent EBC quota, will apply to all whose annual family income is Rs 6 lakh or less
- Cabinet, BJP rejig around May 19 when state results come in
- Middleman left country day after CBI opened probe, trail leads to doors of Cong bigwigs: Minister Prasad
'This event is being held after a gap of 23 years which makes it a significant happening in our history'
The Akhil Gujarat Lohana Samaj will host a three-day convention of the community here on Friday where over 5,000 community representatives from across the country and abroad are expected. Hariram Bapa, revered widely by the community, will inaugurate the meet.
Samaj general secretary Atul Lakhani said the event also marked the 60th anniversary of the parent body, Shree Lohana Mahaparishad. "This event is being held after a gap of 23 years which makes it a significant happening in our history," he said.
Lakhani said the objective of the meet is to spread general awareness in the community about various social and other community-specific issues.
- India comes across as trying to compete with China by being China
- Why a book on India is seen to be unbuyable in Islamabad
- Why is the BJP pushing itself so aggressively to appropriate Ambedkar now
- The immortality of Don Quixote
- Patenting software is no more a part of Digital India than is patenting arithmetic
- India’s jobless growth is undermining its ability to reap the demographic dividend