Lohariya murder was well-planned: Police
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- John Kerry refuses to comment on Narendra Modi visa issue
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
"Amolik has confessed to ordering the hit after an altercation with Lohariya a month ago," Navi Mumbai police commissioner A K Sharma said.
Police are digging the past of Shettiar. Apart from the 2006 murder for which he was arrested, there are several cases against the BDD Chawl, Naigaon, resident.
Vashi Police are gathering details of all these cases.
Shettiar has also worked on contract for some gangs in the past.
Interrogating officers called him a "sarfira" (crazy). They said he had little regard for rank or seniority of cops questioning him.