Lohiya is SP, Pune rural police
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Manoj Kumar Lohiya has been appointed the superintendent of Pune rural police. He is currently the Deputy Commissioner of Police of Zone 6 (Chembur) at Mumbai. The state home department issued an order related to his appointment on Tuesday.
The post of superintendent of Pune rural police was vacant after former superintendent Shahji Solunkhe was transferred to Pune city police as the Additional Commissioner (crime branch). Earlier, IPS officer Lakhmi Gautam was named superintendent of Pune rural police but his name was dropped, reportedly owing to political interference.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2