Lohiya is SP, Pune rural police
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Manoj Kumar Lohiya has been appointed the superintendent of Pune rural police. He is currently the Deputy Commissioner of Police of Zone 6 (Chembur) at Mumbai. The state home department issued an order related to his appointment on Tuesday.
The post of superintendent of Pune rural police was vacant after former superintendent Shahji Solunkhe was transferred to Pune city police as the Additional Commissioner (crime branch). Earlier, IPS officer Lakhmi Gautam was named superintendent of Pune rural police but his name was dropped, reportedly owing to political interference.
Lohiya is a native of Jalna and joined the Maharashtra police as deputy superintendent in 1987. Lohiya, who has a B.Tech and MBA degree under his belt, has handled various responsibilities including the state intelligence department.