Lohiya is SP, Pune rural police
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Manoj Kumar Lohiya has been appointed the superintendent of Pune rural police. He is currently the Deputy Commissioner of Police of Zone 6 (Chembur) at Mumbai. The state home department issued an order related to his appointment on Tuesday.
The post of superintendent of Pune rural police was vacant after former superintendent Shahji Solunkhe was transferred to Pune city police as the Additional Commissioner (crime branch). Earlier, IPS officer Lakhmi Gautam was named superintendent of Pune rural police but his name was dropped, reportedly owing to political interference.
Lohiya is a native of Jalna and joined the Maharashtra police as deputy superintendent in 1987. Lohiya, who has a B.Tech and MBA degree under his belt, has handled various responsibilities including the state intelligence department.
- Opening up: Rahul Gandhi plans elections to pick CWC members too
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt