Lok Sabha adjourned till noon amid uproar
- LIVE: Election Commission issues notice to AAP over clashes with BJP workers
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Wednesday amid uproar over various issues including demand for adopting a resolution against the United States for alleged ill-treatment of an Indian diplomat.
Samajwadi Party member Shailendra Kumar raised the issue of India's Deputy Consul General in New York Devyani Khobragade and demanded that the House adopt a resolution condemning the incident.
Amid noisy scenes, Seemandhra members belonging to YSR Congress and TDP trooped into Well and shouted slogans against creation of Telangana. Members of Left parties too tried to raise some issues but could not be heard in the din.
Earlier, when the House met for the day, the Lok SabhaSecretary General informed members that the amended Lokpal Bill was passed by Rajya Sabha on Tuesday and it has been returned to the Lower House for its consideration. As pandemonium continued, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till noon.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students