Lok Sabha adjourned till noon amid uproar
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Wednesday amid uproar over various issues including demand for adopting a resolution against the United States for alleged ill-treatment of an Indian diplomat.
Samajwadi Party member Shailendra Kumar raised the issue of India's Deputy Consul General in New York Devyani Khobragade and demanded that the House adopt a resolution condemning the incident.
Amid noisy scenes, Seemandhra members belonging to YSR Congress and TDP trooped into Well and shouted slogans against creation of Telangana. Members of Left parties too tried to raise some issues but could not be heard in the din.
Earlier, when the House met for the day, the Lok SabhaSecretary General informed members that the amended Lokpal Bill was passed by Rajya Sabha on Tuesday and it has been returned to the Lower House for its consideration. As pandemonium continued, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till noon.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi