Lok Sabha disrupted for fourth day
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
DMK and TMC members on Tuesday disrupted Lok Sabha proceedings on Tuesday, resulting in the House transacting no business for the fourth day in a row.
DMK members trooped into the well of the House and disrupted Question Hour, holding copies of news reports highlighting external influence behind the CAG estimate of loss in the 2G spectrum issue.
The leader of the party, T R Baalu, held up a copy of The Indian Express report on Tuesday.
"We want a discussion on 2G spectrum issue," said Baalu.
The TMC members, on the other hand, trooped into the well of the House carrying posters which asked the government to revoke the cap on supply of subsidised cylinders. Some members were heard shouting slogans against FDI in retail.
Meanwhile, BJP members also raised slogans demanding debate on FDI while Left members held up posters in this regard.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.