Lokayukta police raids forest official's houses, finds assets worth Rs 50 cr
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
Lokayukta police today raided the residences of a senior forest official in the city and in Bhopal and found details of assets worth over Rs 50 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The residences of state Chief Conservator of Forests Vasant Kumar Singh were raided at Kothi road here and at Chunabhatti in Bhopal where documents related to assets worth over Rs 50 crore were found, police said.
The figure could go up once all the seized documents are studied thoroughly, they said.
Beside documents of properties worth crores, Rs 17 lakh cash, gold and silver jewellery worth Rs 14 lakh, receipts of fixed deposits for Rs 50 lakh and details of 12 bank accounts were found during the raid, they said.
Yesterday during a raid, Lokayukta police had found details of assets and property worth around Rs 40 crore from a clerk in Madhya Pradesh Electricity department.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18