Lokpal Bill: Anna being misled, says Kejriwal
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A day after Anna Hazare asked an Aam Aadmi Party leader to leave his fast venue, party chief Arvind Kejriwal Saturday said the Gandhian is being misled on the Lokpal issue as the Bill the government seeks to pass does not fulfil his demands.
In a series of tweets, Kejriwal expressed surprise at how Hazare could accept the Bill that was tabled in the Rajya Sabha Friday. He reasoned that this Bill does not contain any of the three most important provisions that the Jan Lokpal Bill contained. "I m really surprised. How can Anna accept sarkari lokpal bill? Sarkari lokpal is a "jokepal". Who is misguiding Anna?" Kejriwal tweeted.
"None of the 3 conditions which were agreed upon when Anna broke his fast in Aug 2011 are there in this jokepal," he said, pointing out that the CBI would still be under the government's control.
Kejriwal also said that whatever Anna may say, he and his party would continue their fight for Jan Lokpal.