Lonely 'homeless' planet found for the first time
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
Researchers obtained a series of infrared images of CFBDSIR2149 using the 3.6 metres in diameter CFHT. They then used the full strength of the 8 metres in diameter VLT to deduce its mass, its temperature, and of particular note, its age.
The planet was found to be between 50 and 120 millions years old, with a temperature of approximately 400 degrees Celsius, and a mass four to seven times that of Jupiter.
- Jet Airways likely to terminate services of contract employees
- No link between mobile phone radiation and cancer, says Padma awardee doctor
- Mamata’s celebs revel in new role
- ‘Goa mining ban removal to breathe new life into sector’
- TCS, Mitsubishi arms merge to form tech firm in Japan
- ‘RSS worry for majority community too’