‘Lonely’ Indian-origin ‘rape-rap sugar daddy’ bursts into tears in Manhattan prison
- Moga molestation case: Family refuses to cremate victim, seeks cancellation of bus firm's permit
- Ramdev rebuts Opposition, says his medicine doesn't promise male child
- Economic policy 'directionless', minorities anxious: Shourie on Modi government
- Six Baltimore officers face murder charges in black man shooting
- 'All of a sudden, I saw light': Nepal earthquake survivor recounts rescue
An Indian-origin real-estate titan accused of raping a woman he met on a sugar-daddy Web site burst into tears in a Manhattan jail, a cellmate has said.
Blubbering Lakhinder Vohra, 47, told jail mates he paid women for sex and companionship because he was sad and lonesome, said a fellow detainee.
According to the New York Post, Antonio Amerson, 25, said that Vohra cried his eyes out, adding that he's a sleazy and lonely guy.
Amerson said that he talked about being alone in the city and not having anyone. He was trying to buy a girlfriend.
Vohra, a broker at the upscale Manhattan firm Nest Seekers, was arrested on first-degree rape charges for an alleged attack on a woman, 26, he'd met on the dating site SeekingArrangement.com.
The real-estate maven has long been a proud client of the Web site. He has pleaded not guilty and is now free on 10,000 dollars bail, the report added.