Looking the part
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
The countdown to the 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards began at the red carpet. Here's looking at those who put their most fashionable foot forward
A burst of colours, styles and elegance converged on the starry red carpet at the 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards. It was not only a big evening for Indian Cinema, but also an extravagant night-out for 'filmy' fashionistas. Stars turned up in their best threads; there were some who dared to rock in never-seen-before styles, while some modestly played by the rules. New and upcoming names cropped up from among renowned and revered international labels. Bespoke was the mantra of the night as custom-made, one of a kind outfits ranked high on the style meter.
While there was a deluge of star regulars on the red carpet, it had its share of debutants. Among the first ones to arrive early to the awards and dazzle on the red carpet, literally, was actress Sunny Leone, who looked sleek in a pristine white Rohit Verma ensemble. She was accompanied by husband Daniel Weber, who stuck to a classic black tie code. There was a mix of Indian and western outfits on the red carpet; newcomer Richa Chadda wore an eclectic salwar kameez by Anand Kabra, while her Gangs Of Wasseypur co-star Huma Qureshi chose an all-green gown that she accessorised with a belt.
All in all, a bevy of classy, edgy and daring beauties strode the red carpet. Here's a dekko...
Black was the diva-code at the red carpet. While both Priyanka Chopra, who gave a scintillating dance performance and Genelia D'Souza Deshmukh, who came in with husband Riteish, dazzled the red carpet in stunning black Roberto Cavalli ensembles, Katrina Kaif, who took home the Most Popular Actor (Female) statuette, looked stunning in a shimmering black gown gifted to her by her stylist, Tanya Ghavri who later tweeted revealing the designer, Naeem Khan.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress