Loud & Clear
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The Punjabi film industry is on a roll with multiple releases lined up in the coming few months. Already garnering attention for its title is director Navniat Singh's forthcoming film, Singh Vs Kaur. While the film will hit screens on February 15, the music by MV Records was formally launched on Monday afternoon in Chandigarh. The event at Hotel Park Plaza was a star-studded affair with the film's lead actor, Punjabi singer Gippy Grewal accompanied by director Navniat Singh and special guest, Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh doing the honours. With music director Jatinder Shah at the helm, the album features seven songs with Grewal lending his voice to six of them. One of the tracks, Singha Singha is already climbing the charts. But more than that, Grewal is visibly excited about his look in the film, "This is the first time that I'll be sporting a turban on the silver screen,"said Grewal who stars alongside well-known Punjabi actors such as Binnu Dhillon, Surveen Chawla, BN Sharma, Japji Khaira, Karamjeet Anmol and Avtar Gill. At the music launch, Navniat, who has earlier directed Tera Mera Ki Rishta, Mel Karade Rabba, Dharti and Taur Mittran Di said, "The movie has been produced by Dr D Ramanaidu under Gurfateh Films and Sippy Grewal Production. This is the first time that a producer from the south Indian film industry has produced a Punjabi film. This, indeed, is a good sign for the future."