Love cheats prefer Fujitsu ‘F-Series’ flip phone in Japan
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Keeping an affair secret can be a lot of work, but philanderers in Japan have an advantage thanks to a stealthy flip phone only sold in that country.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Fujitsu "F-Series" phone has a band of loyal users who have refused to upgrade to smart phones for fear that their infidelity may be exposed, the New York Daily News reported.
The Fujitsu is different than other phones because it hides calls, text messages and voicemail under a layer of privacy features only recognized, or accessed, by the phone's owner.
The security is so good on the Fujitsu, if a contact marked secret sends an email or message, the alert is made through just a flicker of a battery light.
The phone, which even has a nickname – "uwaki keitai" or the "infidelity phone" - is sold only Japan and is enduring even as cheater-friendly security apps hit the market for smart phones.