Love in Los Angeles
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR beat Mumbai Indians by 41 runs in IPL 7 opener
Mumbai-based Ashna A Kalra might be a lesser-known designer but she is not new to the world of fashion. The 27-year-old who studied fashion design in the UK, has worked with brands like French Connection, Burberry, Schwarzkopf and designers Richard Nicoll and Ashish Soni. She branched out with her handbag label, specialising in handmade clutches encrusted with Swarovski crystals.
The designer has now progressed to haute couture and is set to debut with her couture collection at the forthcoming Los Angeles Fashion Week, which is scheduled from October 12 to 19. The collection, says the designer, "is more about a mood than about a specific inspiration". "My concepts for the collection are directly inspired by the stage I am in now in my life. Starting a new chapter of love, the joy and flirtation is evident in the collection — in its colours, textures, silhouettes and adornment," explains Kalra.