Love in Los Angeles
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Paswan calls him vikas purush as Modi sells âNational Development Allianceâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Mumbai-based Ashna A Kalra might be a lesser-known designer but she is not new to the world of fashion. The 27-year-old who studied fashion design in the UK, has worked with brands like French Connection, Burberry, Schwarzkopf and designers Richard Nicoll and Ashish Soni. She branched out with her handbag label, specialising in handmade clutches encrusted with Swarovski crystals.
The designer has now progressed to haute couture and is set to debut with her couture collection at the forthcoming Los Angeles Fashion Week, which is scheduled from October 12 to 19. The collection, says the designer, "is more about a mood than about a specific inspiration". "My concepts for the collection are directly inspired by the stage I am in now in my life. Starting a new chapter of love, the joy and flirtation is evident in the collection — in its colours, textures, silhouettes and adornment," explains Kalra.