Lover may have killed woman: Cops
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
After the dismembered body of a woman was found in two drains near Pankha Road, police said they suspect a jilted lover might have killed her.
A senior police officer said the woman's age is estimated to be between 18 and 20 years. "There were no identification marks on the body. There is a scar on her thigh, but that is not enough to identify her," the officer said.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Southwest) Anil Ojha said the victim had not been identified and that the love angle was not being probed. "Till we identify the victim, such presumptions are baseless," Ojha told Newsline.
Preliminary investigation revealed that the victim was attacked with a blunt object. The legs of the woman were found in a drain in South Delhi's Sagarpur area around 8.30 am on Friday, and the torso was recovered after an extensive search.