Lover may have killed woman: Cops
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
After the dismembered body of a woman was found in two drains near Pankha Road, police said they suspect a jilted lover might have killed her.
A senior police officer said the woman's age is estimated to be between 18 and 20 years. "There were no identification marks on the body. There is a scar on her thigh, but that is not enough to identify her," the officer said.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Southwest) Anil Ojha said the victim had not been identified and that the love angle was not being probed. "Till we identify the victim, such presumptions are baseless," Ojha told Newsline.
Preliminary investigation revealed that the victim was attacked with a blunt object. The legs of the woman were found in a drain in South Delhi's Sagarpur area around 8.30 am on Friday, and the torso was recovered after an extensive search.