Lover may have killed woman: Cops
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
After the dismembered body of a woman was found in two drains near Pankha Road, police said they suspect a jilted lover might have killed her.
A senior police officer said the woman's age is estimated to be between 18 and 20 years. "There were no identification marks on the body. There is a scar on her thigh, but that is not enough to identify her," the officer said.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Southwest) Anil Ojha said the victim had not been identified and that the love angle was not being probed. "Till we identify the victim, such presumptions are baseless," Ojha told Newsline.
Preliminary investigation revealed that the victim was attacked with a blunt object. The legs of the woman were found in a drain in South Delhi's Sagarpur area around 8.30 am on Friday, and the torso was recovered after an extensive search.