LPG booking: Elderly not happy with IVRS
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
"The system is the brainchild of these companies and not of distributors. In fact, we were not taken into confidence while devising IVRS. But we have to face the ire of consumers because we are at the front of LPG distribution system. We, at our level, had introduced smart-care system for consumers, which enabled LPG booking simply through a missed call. However, IVRS superseded this system," he said. Tapase said LPG distributors do take booking of cylinders without IVRS but only in exceptional cases.
Mahesh Jangam, deputy manager, LPG sales for BPCL, among other senior officials from leading oil and gas companies, were not available for comment.
'Many awaiting zer0 balance accounts'
Social activists have highlighted complaints of slumdwellers and others from the lower strata of population who still do not have zero-balance accounts for Aadhaar linkage. "Many applications for opening zero-balance accounts for LPG-Aadhaar linkage are pending with nationalised banks. We know of poor families who are waiting for the accounts for depositing LPG subsidy," said activist Kiran Moghe.