LPG booking: Elderly not happy with IVRS
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
"The system is the brainchild of these companies and not of distributors. In fact, we were not taken into confidence while devising IVRS. But we have to face the ire of consumers because we are at the front of LPG distribution system. We, at our level, had introduced smart-care system for consumers, which enabled LPG booking simply through a missed call. However, IVRS superseded this system," he said. Tapase said LPG distributors do take booking of cylinders without IVRS but only in exceptional cases.
Mahesh Jangam, deputy manager, LPG sales for BPCL, among other senior officials from leading oil and gas companies, were not available for comment.
'Many awaiting zer0 balance accounts'
Social activists have highlighted complaints of slumdwellers and others from the lower strata of population who still do not have zero-balance accounts for Aadhaar linkage. "Many applications for opening zero-balance accounts for LPG-Aadhaar linkage are pending with nationalised banks. We know of poor families who are waiting for the accounts for depositing LPG subsidy," said activist Kiran Moghe.