LPG relief for piped gas colonies
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Flat owners of housing societies with piped gas connections have got some respite with the LPG associations agreeing to reconsider their decision of holding the whole colony as a single unit while considering them for subsidised cylinders.
Now, each household will be treated as a separate unit enabling each of them to get their quota of subsidised cylinders.
The new directive will enable each flat owner with piped gas connection to get three more subsidised gas cylinders in the remaining part of the fiscal, as any other consumer.
LPG federation state president Usha Poonawalla said the decision to treat each household as a separate unit was taken as there was chaos among housing societies with piped gas connection. "Now, each flat in these buildings will get three subsidised cylinders till March 2013 and later from next year it will be six cylinders for the whole year. So now, the societies need not worry,'' said Poonawalla.
With the government encouraging piped gas connections and many new societies opting for it, the LPG subsidy policy had initially came as a blow for them as the whole colony with reticulate connection was considered a single unit.
"It is a big respite for our housing society. We were wondering whether to surrender our piped gas connection,'' said Kamla Das, a resident of Chinchwad. A resident of Baner Arvind Shinde, who recently shifted to his new flat with piped gas connection had been thinking whether he should renew his old single connection.
"We are glad the association and oil companies have taken a decision in our favour,'' he said.
Pune district Collector Vikas Deshmukh said this has resolved the issue. He said that it had been made clear that two kitchens in a household could get two gas connections while those having a weekend house in another city could also get a separate connection for it.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress