LS polls: Godmanís wife BSP candidate
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) has decided to field Priyanka Pandey, wife of godman Chinmayanand Bapu, in Mirzapur constituency, for the Lok Sabha elections.
The candidature of Priyanka was announced by former minister and BSP national general secretary Naseemuddin Siddiqui at a party convention in Mirzapur on Sunday. Both Priyanka and her husband Chinmayanand Bapu were present.
Chinmayanand addressed the gathering, starting with "Jai Siyaram" and "Jai Bheem". His supporters greeted him by blowing conch shells. In his address, Chinmayanand stated that though he had seen several political parties from very close, the BSP had given him the maximum respect. He thanked the party for fielding his wife and urged the gathering to support her.