LS polls: Godmanís wife BSP candidate
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) has decided to field Priyanka Pandey, wife of godman Chinmayanand Bapu, in Mirzapur constituency, for the Lok Sabha elections.
The candidature of Priyanka was announced by former minister and BSP national general secretary Naseemuddin Siddiqui at a party convention in Mirzapur on Sunday. Both Priyanka and her husband Chinmayanand Bapu were present.
Chinmayanand addressed the gathering, starting with "Jai Siyaram" and "Jai Bheem". His supporters greeted him by blowing conch shells. In his address, Chinmayanand stated that though he had seen several political parties from very close, the BSP had given him the maximum respect. He thanked the party for fielding his wife and urged the gathering to support her.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape