LS polls: Godmanís wife BSP candidate
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) has decided to field Priyanka Pandey, wife of godman Chinmayanand Bapu, in Mirzapur constituency, for the Lok Sabha elections.
The candidature of Priyanka was announced by former minister and BSP national general secretary Naseemuddin Siddiqui at a party convention in Mirzapur on Sunday. Both Priyanka and her husband Chinmayanand Bapu were present.
Chinmayanand addressed the gathering, starting with "Jai Siyaram" and "Jai Bheem". His supporters greeted him by blowing conch shells. In his address, Chinmayanand stated that though he had seen several political parties from very close, the BSP had given him the maximum respect. He thanked the party for fielding his wife and urged the gathering to support her.